Well, in perspective of India’s rapid economic growth in the past couple of years and more to come, some of the highest paying jobs be it professional and non- professional have taken huge strides in upping up the ante against each other to pay the competent candidate well enough to have a cut-throat competition. In this article, you will get the answer of this question, which is the highest paying jobs in India.
One has to gain and upgrade his/her skills time and again to cope up with the ever increasing competition from his peers and competitors to have a clear edge over them.
It’s absolutely okay to accept failures as long as we are ready to challenge ourselves and take a leap of faith on our abilities with utmost dedication and hard-work. Sometimes shedding our pride and volunteering to begin from scratch paves the way to success. Staying fit mentally and physically builds the motivation within us.
So, with these positive tips in mind, let’s take a look at some of the highest paying jobs in the world this year that might take you through a successful career path.
Global demand for healthcare services has increased multifold considering the rise of lifestyle based diseases. The current outbreak of Coronavirus is the best example of how doctors, in general, are on demand everywhere. India, in particular, has grown to be a leader in medical tourism with a growth rate of around 18% every year.
Foreign Direct Investments (FDI) in the healthcare industry last decade was the highest when compared to other sectors.
For these reasons and more, the healthcare industry tops the chart with some of the highest paying jobs of 2020. To meet the growing demand of healthcare practitioners globally, India has increased the number of medical colleges to 530.
The highest paying jobs
Below are the top 3 highest paying jobs in the healthcare sector positioned based on their average annual remuneration in dollars.
1. Anaesthesiologist: Anaesthesiologists are doctors who administer anaesthetics to patients, by which they prevent patients from enduring pain during surgeries. There are different types of anaesthesia such as:
- General Anaesthesia: In this process, anaesthesiologists put the patients to sleep completely before a surgical procedure using drugs or gasses.
- Sedation: In sedation, patients are partially put to sleep; meaning, they might be able to respond to questions unaware of the surroundings.
- Regional Anaesthesia: Unlike the previous two processes, patients are completely aware of the surroundings, but they do not feel any pain in a particular part of the body where the procedure is done.
- Educational Qualification: To become an
anaesthesiologist, one must complete one of the following after pursuing an
MBBS degree: Diploma/B.Sc/M.D/PGDP in Anaesthesia.
- Remuneration: Anaesthesiologists play a very crucial role during surgeries. The slightest of miscalculation in the dosage of anaesthesia might turn out to be fatal for the patient. Due to the complexity and criticality of their role in medicine, they are the top paid medical practitioners. Their average remuneration can go up to $300,000 per annum.
2. General Physician: General physicians are medical practitioners specialized in non-surgical diagnosis and treatments of adults. They consult hospitalized and/or out patients. Unlike other practitioners, general physicians don’t limit their knowledge in just one particular body part; they specialize in a wide range of medical expertise.
- Educational Qualification: A general
physician must complete MBBS or MD in general medicine.
- Remuneration: A general physician’s average salary goes up to $150,000 per annum. Of course, this salary increases further depending on the experience of the physician.
3. Dentist: Oral hygiene shows a lot about our lifestyle. Staying away from oral infections is quite important for our well-being. The most common disease in the world is tooth cavity.
For this very reason, dentists are on high demand throughout the world. Dentists are often believed to have limited knowledge specializing only in the study of tooth. But, that’s not completely true; they also attend to issues related to the nervous system around the teeth.
- Educational Qualification: To be able to
become a dentist, one must complete BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery), a 5 year
- Remuneration: A dentist earns around $135,000 per annum as an average remuneration.
Digital innovations have taken the world by storm. There is no industry or sector without the intervention of digital technologies. The IT industry is the largest employer in the world, and it owns a huge market share. It is expected to become a $5 trillion industry this year. Owing to these factors, it has some of the highest paying jobs in the world.
Below is the list of the highest paying jobs in the information technology sector positioned based on the annual remuneration.
1. IoT Solutions Architect: IoT (Internet of Things) is the current “hot” subject for discussion in the technological world. Any device or gadget connected to the internet gives scope for data investigation, and its result is often utilized for the growth of businesses.
The primary responsibilities of a solutions architect is to set up IoT objectives, create an enterprise-wide architectural solution, and build a standardized process to develop IoT architectures in the future.
- Educational Qualification: Like any other tech jobs, solutions architect should have also completed bachelor’s degree in computer science with expertise in multiple technologies as IoT is not a single technology, but an amalgamation of multiple technologies.
- Remuneration: An IoT solutions architect can earn up to $120,000 and more depending on the level of experience of the architect.
2. Big Data Engineer: Big data engineer deals with huge amounts of data and helps in extracting useful information out of the datasets quickly according to the business needs.
Big data is a collection of large volumes of complex data, which is difficult for the traditional databases to handle. This big data is highly volatile in nature. It comes from multiple sources in different formats. Big data engineers are responsible for the development of fault-proof repositories to hold such big data.
- Educational Qualification: Big data engineers must have completed a basic bachelor’s degree in maths, science, or other relevant fields, after which they need to either complete a certification course in big data or a masters degree in the relevant field.
- Remuneration: Big data engineers, with the right skill set, can earn up to $100,000 per annum.
3. IT Project Manager: IT project manager, like any typical project management role in any industry, oversees the end-to-end process of implementation of a project. The job demands skills oriented to general management as well as technology, thus bridging the gap between the IT team and the administrative team to deliver a software or a system.
The main skills of a project manager are resource allocation, time management, and problem solving. They act as the single point of contact for the clients.
- Educational Qualification: A project manager must have completed a minimum of bachelor’s degree in computer science and also a certification course related to project management like “Certified Associate in Project Management- CAPM” or “Project Management Professional- PMP.”
- Remuneration: IT project managers have the potential of earning up to $90,000 per annum.
The third sector to top the chart, next only to IT sector, with the highest paying jobs is the engineering industry. Primary operations of an engineering industry involves production and manufacturing of machines. Departments like civil and mechanical engineering fall under the engineering sector. The engineering industry is broadly classified into 2 major categories.
- Heavy Engineering: Companies involved in the manufacturing of large machineries are categorized as heavy engineering companies. Such companies play a crucial role in the economic development of a country. They manufacture a wide array of equipments to serve several sectors such as defence, petrochemicals, auto mobiles, constructions, and so on.
- Light Engineering: Companies that manufacture equipments using the materials produced by heavy engineering sector are categorized as light engineering companies. Light engineering companies are more inclined towards direct consumer requirements. Capital investment in this sector is less compared to the heavy engineering companies.
Below is the list of the top 3 highest paying engineering jobs of the year based on their average annual remuneration.
1. Petroleum Engineer: Petroleum engineers work on ways to extract oil and natural gas from reservoirs. They mainly work at drilling sites, which involves frequent travel to oil wells across the globe. Petroleum engineers strive to resolve some of the major energy crisis in the world, which puts them on high demand.
- Educational Qualification: To become a petroleum engineer, one must complete the 4 year B. Tech course in petroleum engineering.
- Remuneration: The average annual remuneration of a petroleum engineer is around $105,000.
2. Nuclear Engineer: Nuclear engineers mostly work in the R&D facilities of nuclear energy. They work on utilizing the nuclear energy for varied purposes, of which its benefits in the healthcare is the most predominant one. The radioactive energy is mainly used to treat cancer.
- Educational Qualification: A bachelor’s degree in nuclear engineering is the basic qualification to become a nuclear engineer.
- Remuneration: The average annual income of a nuclear engineer is somewhere around $90,000.
3. Electrical Engineer: An electrical engineer’s job is in a way hybrid in nature. Though their primary task is to deal with the production of electrical power, they also work on some of the latest technologies. They get to work with computer chips, circuits, electrical motors and many other components.
- Educational Qualification: To become an electrical engineer, one must pursue Bachelor of Engineer degree with electrical and electronics specialization.
- Remuneration: The average annual remuneration of an electrical engineer is around $75,000.
The above list is in no way an exhaustive list; we can keep adding more. But, this will give you a gist of the top 3 industries in the world. Choosing the right career or education, for that matter, can be very taxing. So, it’s important that you invest time to decide on a suitable field, one that you might love to do.
You might also be interested in these Blogs: