Salary prospects of pilots in India
The commercial pilot salary in India or pilot salary in India is anywhere between Rs. 300,000 to Rs 800,000 per month. The amount of salary a pilot earns depends on the employer by whom he/ she is hired. Another basis for valuation of salary of pilot in India is the experience. On an average, airlines pilots in United states earn $60,000 annually.
The perks which come along with this career and what draws people to this profession is that it enables them to see places that they may not otherwise be able to afford.
Also, many airlines provide the family members of pilots a cheaper or even a free travel. This means that they can enjoy flying a plane and visit new places alongside family.
Pilots have generally good reputation and are well respected in the society. They are also paid fairly well.
Pilot salary per month
The average pilot salary in India or airline pilot is Rs.46,87,900 per year or Rs. 390,650. This is Rs. 43,00,400 higher than the national average salary in India. The pilot salary in India is 1110% higher than the national average salary in India. A pilot in India is expected to get a salary of Rs. 11,25,100. The highest pilot salary in India which a person in the career of pilot of an airline can exceed Rs. 100,00,000.
The range of pilot posts consists of different pilots like junior first officers, airline captains, etc. Among the above range, the junior first officers tend to be paid the lowest salaries. With the increasing experience, the roles climb its ladder. The more experienced roles in the pilot posts like airline captains enjoy highest salaries.
The difference in pilot salary in India between various job posts in airline pilot is as given below-
- Airline captain- A person working on this post gets a salary of Rs. 66,10,000 per year which is 41% more than any other post.
- Senior first officer- A person working on this post gets a salary of Rs. 45,47,000 per year which is 3% less than any other post.
- First officer- A person working on this post gets a salary of Rs. 32,35,000 per year which is 31% less than any other post.
- Junior first officer- A person working on this post gets a salary of Rs. 11,25,000 per year which is 76% less than any other post.
The difference in the pilot salary in India which comes due to the experience levels of different pilots are as follows-
At the entry level of airline pilot, the salary of the person having an experience of less than three years is expected to have an average total compensation of Rs. 11,25,100.
Want to learn, how to become a pilot in India, you can read our detailed article on this topic.
A mid-career airline pilot, is a pilot with experience of 4-9 years. The person on this post is expected to earn a compensation of average amount of Rs.41,56,700.
An experienced Airline pilot having an experience of 10-20 years has an expectation to earn an average compensation total of Rs. 66,10,000.
An airline pilot having an experience of more than 20 years is expected to earn an average compensation of Rs. 74,59,800.
Effect of work experience on the salary of an airline pilot
- Late career in post of airline pilot – 59% more than the average salary earned per year by an airline pilot.
- Experienced pilot- 41% more than the average salary earned per year by an airline pilot.
- Mid-career airline pilot- 11% less than the average salary earned per year by an airline pilot.
- Entry level airline pilot- 76% less than the average salary earned per year by an airline pilot.
Commercial Pilot salary
The average base salary of commercial pilot in the airlines in India ranges between Rs. 120,000 to 7,000,000.
The bonus received by the commercial pilots working in Airlines in India ranges between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 613,000.
The profit sharing received by the commercial pilots working in the Airlines in India ranges between Rs. 1000 to 1000,000.
The total pay received by the commercial pilot pursuing job in Indian Airlines ranges between Rs. 128,000 to Rs.8000,000
Pilot Salary in Air India
The salary paid to an entry level pilot can be maximum up to Rs. 1,50,000 per month.
On the other hand, senior pilots earn up to 5,00,000 per month.
Pay scale of Pilots of Air India
Based on type of aircraft-
Airbus A-300/A-310/ A-320
Captain/ pilot in command – Rs. 350,000 to 600,000
First officer/ Co-pilot – Rs.225,000 to 300,000
Second officer/ flight engineer- Rs. 90,000 to Rs 150,000
Captain/ Pilot in Command- Rs. 400,000 to 650,000
First officer/ Co-pilot – Rs.250,000 to 325,000
Second officer/ Flight engineer- Rs. 100,000 to 180,000
Captain/ Pilot In Command – Rs 400,000 to 650,000
First officer/ Co-pilot – Rs.225,000 to 350,000
Second officer/ Flight engineer- Rs. 100,000 to 210,000
Cargo International/ Domestic-
Captain/ Pilot In Command – Rs 300,000 to 600,000
First officer/ Co-pilot – Rs.175,000 to 400,000
Second officer/ Flight engineer- Rs. 80,000 to 200,000
Courier Flight –
Captain/ Pilot In Command – Rs 200,000 to 325,000
First officer/ Co-pilot – Rs.90,000 to 150,000
Pilot salary in India per month
Pilot salary in India based on experience-
Less than 1 year- Rs. 60,000 to 130,000
1-4 years -Rs. 100,000 to 300,000
5-9 years – Rs. 250,000 to 450,000
10-19 years – Rs. 400,000 to 700,000
More than 20 years – Rs. 500,000 to 1000,000
Highest paying Cities in India for pilots-
- Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh- Rs. 10,77,581
- Delhi, Delhi – Rs. 494,362
- Gurgaon, Haryana – Rs. 490,302
- Bengaluru, Karnataka- Rs. 421,145
- Pune, Maharashtra – Rs. 358,337
The above provides the highest paying pilot salary in India.
Pilot salary in Emirates
Monthly Salary of Emirates Pilot depends on his or her rank. An Emirate captain who flies A380 and B777 fleets earn a basic salary of AED 42,695 and a housing allowance of AED 16,075. In addition to this they receive an average flying pay.
This brings their total, tax free salary of AED 58,770 per month.
On the other hand, the first officer who flies the same fleet earns a basic salary of AED 30,125 along with house allowance of AED 14,325 plus average flying pay. This leads to sum total of tax-free salary as AED 44,450.
Other benefits received by the Pilots of Emirates-
- Annual leave of 42 days per year
- Primary and secondary education allowance for the kids of pilots
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Platinum discount card
Pilot salary by Airline
The salary provided by Airlines to their pilots are given as follows-
- Base salary received by the pilots- Rs. 138000 to 7000,000
- Bonus ranges between Rs.10,000 to 363000 which the pilots of Airlines receive.
- Profit sharing which the pilots of Airlines earn ranges between Rs. 971 to 168,000
Total pay of the pilots of Airlines per month ranges between Rs. 219000 to Rs. 8000,000.
What is pilot salary?
The pilot salary in India ranges between Rs. 483,000 to Rs. 5339,000 per year. The average pilot salary in India is Rs. 1595,000 per year.
The salary of an airline pilot is on an average Rs. 203,000.
On the other hand, corporate pilot salary in India is on an average Rs. 29,000.